First Medal Running

Friday, September 30, 2011

End of September

Starting with a Confession I did not RUN Thursday morning. Decided to rest since i would be fasting for my procedure today.

Well, here I am again. Didn't have time the other night to finish the blog so I thought I would do one today. I just finished having a medical procedure performed on me this afternoon and everything went fine.

Or here is my latest progress in the weight-loss and my running progress as well.

I'm down to 210 pounds, the lowest I've been and probably 10 to 12 years, maybe even longer. I am excited about this transformation, because it has been very healthy for my body, my heart, my blood pressure, and my blood sugar. My blood pressure today was normal. My resting heart rate is around 50. I'm really looking forward to losing the next 45 pounds. I know that I don't have many clothes to wear at that weight. I have taken up the notches in my belt. My 44's won't stay on me, and my 38's are loose. I have one pair of 36s that I could button the other day.

My only fear and problem that I have right now with the weight-loss is the hardened fat underneath. Some of the fat has hardened into fat nodules and they have a tendency to be painful. I had some removed back when I was in the military and they were just fat nodules and nothing else. They have a tendency to pinch, so I'm hoping that the ones that are already starting to bother me will on their own disintegrate. Maybe there's some kind of supersonic, subsonic, ultrasonic waves that can go in and bust them up like they do with lithotripsy. LOL!!! We will see.

I'm getting lots of compliments about the weight-loss, and it's encouraging. Don't hesitate if you run across somebody that's been losing weight, and they don't look sick, give them a compliment and ask them if they are losing weight. If you ask them, they will not think that you thought they were fat. They are hoping someone will recognize the weight-loss, and it is very encouraging to somebody who's been working hard at it. Even a minor compliment like, "you're looking great nowadays, what are you doing with yourself?" Will be very encouraging. Well that's my five cents worth (inflation).

I started this summer, at the end of June with the couch to 5K program. Better known as C25K. June 26, 2011.
Here is the program in a nutshell:

It's interval training, the first week you have three workouts consisting of a 5 min. warm-up walk and then eight 60 second runs with 90 second walks in between the runs. The second week, you have three workouts consisting of a Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate with six 90 seconds runs and two minutes of walking in between the runs. Both first and second week last 25 min. if you do not add a 5 min. cool down to the back of them. My suggestion though is that you use that last 5 min. to stretch the muscles that are now warm. You'll appreciate it later trust me.

This is where you find the actual workout routine on paper in columns.
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I am now running 3 miles with nowhere near the exertion and heavy breathing that was required in week one. My pace has picked up and I'm excited for the day when I go below 30 min. to run the 5K.

Hopefully I'll be back soon to post again with more encouraging news.

Next post will describe what got me to the size I was before making a life-changing decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment